We may collect personal information from you in different ways. The first way is when you browse our website, and sign up to our newsletter.
The types of personal information we may collect about you when you browse our website include:
- your name;
- your contact details, including your email address;
- your preferences and/or opinions;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Site, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties.
The second way we may collect personal information from you is when you use the Hello Cass service by chatting with Cass by texting ‘hello’ to either the Hello Cass mobile number, WhatsApp or Telegram. The types of personal information we may collect about you when you use the Hello Cass service include:
- the date and time at which you engage with the Hello Cass service; and
- an aggregated summary of the chat transcript, in a de-identified data report format. We aim to be transparent about who receives this summarised data report, and will publish which organisations receive these reports on our website.
Any data that names or otherwise identifies an individual will be destroyed upon discovery.
Collection and use of personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to contact and communicate with you, including to send you our newsletter;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- for market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to offer additional services to you;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you; and
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have.
Disclosure of de-identified personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information in a de-identified format to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) family and sexual violence prevention organisations, organisations in the health, community and education sectors, IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers and professional advisors;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred; and
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you.
How we treat personal information that is also sensitive information
Sensitive information is a sub-set of personal information that is given a higher level of protection under the Australian Privacy Principles. Sensitive information means information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, criminal records, health information or biometric information.
We will not collect sensitive information about you without first obtaining your consent.
Provided you consent, your sensitive information may only be used and disclosed for purposes relating to the primary purpose for which the sensitive information was collected including:
- providing services for a purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose for which the sensitive information was collected;
- data analytics purposes; and/or
- referring you to medical or health service providers in circumstances where it is impractical for us to obtain your consent.
Sensitive information may also be used or disclosed if required or authorised by law.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Anonymity: Where practicable we will give you the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym when you interact with us.
Restrict: If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
Access: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Complaints: If you wish to make a complaint about how we have handled your personal information, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
We may use Google Analytics to collect and process data. To find out how Google uses data when you use third party websites or applications, please see https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites or any other URL Google may use from time to time.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Hello Cass Co Ltd ABN 14 634 981 552
Last update: 11 May 2020
© LegalVision ILP Pty Ltd